Is there anything more synonymous with New Orleans than a great night out? Whether you’re seeking an elegant French Quarter evening or a day drinking stroll along Magazine Street, we’ve got you covered. Begin your evening with us at Compère Lapin for a cocktail or two before hitting the town.
Keep reading for our list of the best, local-approved bar crawls in New Orleans. As we say here in NOLA, laissez les bon temps rouler. We’ll be here for you at The Old No.77 Hotel & Chandlery ‘til the room stops spinning.
The Locals’ New Orleans Bar Crawl Guide
- Day drink along Magazine Street. Stop by Barrel Proof for whiskey, Bouligny Tavern for a nosh and a cocktail, and end at dive bar favorite Ms. Mae’s.
- Put an elegant spin on your New Orleans bar crawl and visit The Columns for a mint julep on the porch, The Sazerac, The Carousel Bar, and Arnaud’s French 75.
- Liven up the night with dinner at Cochon and dancing at Republic NOLA in the Warehouse District.
- Sip your way through history by sipping your way through the French Quarter’s oldest bar crawl. Stop by Napolean House, Old Absinthe House, Tujague’s, and finish it off at Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop for the infamous Voodoo Daiquiri.
- Explore Freret Street. Sip a James Beard Award-winning cocktail at Cure, followed by dinner at High Hat, then pop in to Gasa Gasa for live music.
- For a LBGTQ+ night out, sip a balcony cocktail at Café Lafitte in Exile, see the go-go-boys at Bourbon Pub Parade, dance the evening away at Oz, and end the night at Good Friends to chat with new friends.
- Sip wine at Bacchanal— order a couple of bottles of wine, order the charcuterie and enjoy the music. End the night at Vaughn’s for live music and cheap drinks.